HTML/Javascript

Content

Email: fionaharrison1@btinternet.com

Telephone: 01525 370453
Mobile:       07855 014764

Or click here
to book Fiona
online

Content

Follow Fiona:

Share with your
friends

Bookmark and Share

Sunday 9 March 2014

Shopping for Vintage!

Me at Hammersmith's Vintage Fashion Fair
Hello every-one I'm just back from having a lovely day in London. Today I was out and about shopping for vintage fashion at one of my favourite haunts Hammersmith Town Hall where they hold the Vintage Fashion Fair on a Sunday once a month. I've been so busy this last year it seems like ages since I was last there so today I really made the most of my visit. I find Hammersmith a great place for inspiration. All the dealers know me really well and it was lovely to catch up with them all.
In my line of work it's important to keep my wardrobe fresh and exciting and I was rather thrilled to pick up this smart 1940s jacket!
My 40s Jacket!
I know it looks like mauve in the photo but it is in fact navy blue so ideal for France. Like most of my outfits it requires a little alteration but I'm planing on having a skirt made to go with it and I'm looking to give it a patriotic feel. I shall now start the hunt for the right skirt fabric - but then it's often the looking that makes things such fun! I also have some great ideas when it comes to the accessories. Keep watching and no doult when it's done I will have it photographed. For those of you who know me will know I like to have my dresses and costumes photographed as it's a wonderful way for me to share them with you.
Me with my friend Linda Bee Vintage!
Well I must get to bed as I want to be in the Gym first thing and I've promised to take my mother shopping tomorrow afternoon. Unlike me my mother isn't into Vintage so it will be Marks and Spencers for her as she is after some new trousers.
Good luck with that one I hate modern trousers which is why I  have mine made! I hate hipsters and trousers all seem to be cut that way now which just wont do!
If you like vintage check out the the Hammersmith Vintage Fashion fair web-site www.pa-antiques.co.uk
Thanks for following and Toodle Pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment