HTML/Javascript

Content

Email: fionaharrison1@btinternet.com

Telephone: 01525 370453
Mobile:       07855 014764

Or click here
to book Fiona
online

Content

Follow Fiona:

Share with your
friends

Bookmark and Share

Thursday 6 March 2014

£217.33 and The Return of Evette the Spivette!

First things first - since performing for Oxjam I've received a few more donations taking my final figure up to £217.33 so thank-you every-one for your kind generosity. I really enjoyed singing for you all on Tuesday and it was lovely to see so many familiar faces. I spend so much time on the road travelling from show to show that I don't often get the privilege to perform in my home town so Tuesday's show was rather special. All being well I hope to be back singing in Leighton Buzzard on the 4th October for the towns WW1 day. The event is still very much in the planning stages but all being well I shall be performing my WW1 show "Pack up your Troubles".
Speaking of WW1 the demand for my show has really taken off and I've now sold most of August. I've commissioned a whole new set of backing tracks for the centenary so I will be down in the studio just after Easter which is always very exciting. Having backings tracks made for you is a little like being measured up for a tailor made suit. Once you've had the best and music arranged with your voice type in mind bought tracks just don't and wont do. I've always had very high standards when it comes to my shows and over the years I've spent a fortune on musical arrangements which is why my shows are unique. Something I'm very proud of!
Rather thrilling I've been asked to host The Mayor's Show in Newham this Summer and perform my WW1 show along with Evette the Spivette so I'm looking forward to that very much. Compering and hosting is something I would like to do much more of and what's rather lovely about this job is I will be performing both Big Band and Swing to WW1 Music Hall - so a real mix bag.
Tomorrow I shall be teaching some singing techniques to my friend Kim's daughter Lily as she has a talent competition at school and I'm very keen for her to do well. Children these days want to sing like pop stars and don't understand that those voices and sounds are heavily produced in a studio with microphones. So we shall be going back to basics and looking at musical theatre. I thought "Wouldn't be Lovely" from "My Fair Lady" might be a very good place to start as it's the sort of song which encourages lots of personality and isn't too difficult to sing. It's also appropriate and I want Lily to have lots of fun!
Well time for bed! Thanks for following and Toodle Pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment