HTML/Javascript

Content

Email: fionaharrison1@btinternet.com

Telephone: 01525 370453
Mobile:       07855 014764

Or click here
to book Fiona
online

Content

Follow Fiona:

Share with your
friends

Bookmark and Share

Friday 5 July 2013

Singing Work-shop!

Me with the Quainton Girl Guides!
 Today I have been out and about singing "A Song for Summer" before I headed over to Quainton and ran a singing work-shop for the Quainton Girl Guides - who were just fantastic! If you have been following my blogs you will know I'm now starting to ran singing work-shops which is great fun. A few weeks ago I did my first one for the Leighton Linslade Women's Group who I belong to and I'm hoping to do alot more in the future. It's great having another string to my bow and being able to give something back to the community.
Today I taught them a round and then I asked the girls to put a few dance steps together for the last phrase of the song which they seemed to enjoyed doing very much.
Working at their G-Files!
It's very rewarding seeing their performances afterwards. They also taught me about the girl guides as each girl has her own G-File which they fill in. So thank-you Kim for inviting me and it was wonderful to meet all your girls! Oh gosh I'm now starting to sound just like Joyce Grenfell! xxx
It's going to be all go this weekend and then I'm on the road again but I do have a trip to the Theatre planned for Monday night. I'm going to the Waterside Theatre in Aylesbury to see Don Quixote with the Sofia National Ballet with my Ex Royal Ballet friend Linda and actress mother Betty. I first met Betty back in 1989 when we were cast in the musical Annie. Betty played Miss Hanagan and I played Grace Farrell - Warbucks secretary. That was a great show and I have some wonderful memories of that summer. So many of us went on to have professional carers in the Theatre. I often meet up with Linda and Betty for lunch so I'm really looking forward to seeing them and enjoying the the Ballet.
Tuesday I'm heading off to Bournemouth with Kim who will be my sound engineer as I'm booked to sing for a 1940s weekend for Saga holidays and then I head off to the Midland Railway for a 1960s weekend. So lots to do. My word I've just noticed the time Toodle Pip and Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment