HTML/Javascript

Content

Email: fionaharrison1@btinternet.com

Telephone: 01525 370453
Mobile:       07855 014764

Or click here
to book Fiona
online

Content

Follow Fiona:

Share with your
friends

Bookmark and Share

Monday 8 July 2013

Off to Bournemouth & New Look Web-site!

I'm all set to hit the road again tomorrow as I head off to Bournemouth for Saga holidays. I'm playing at The Queens Hotel, Mevrick Road which I have sung at many times before. Back in the early naughties I use to sing for lots of Masonic functions down there and they nearly always use to take place in Bournemouth. I'm booked to do my "We'll Meet Again" ATS show Tuesday evening and then on Wednesday I'm booked to do my American "Stars and Stripes" show so busy busy!
On Thursday I shall be in Slough before heading north to Derbyshire on Friday for a 1960s weekend. I shall be singing at The Midland Railway 3 x 45 minute shows daily so it's all go.
I'm pleased to announce my web-site Home page has had something of a make over so if you get the chance do take a look. We have now embedded my intodury video which is a much more modern way of doing things and we will be adding more videos to my pages in time so do keep following and I will keep you posted. www.fionaharrison.biz
Tonight I'm just back from a wonderful night at the Theatre. I've been to see Don Quixote with the Sofia National Ballet at The Aylesbury Waterside Theatre. I hate to say it but the story is rubbish - a knight who has spent his life travelling around on a quest to find his perfect woman with his servant Sancho. Dispite the lousy plot the ballet is fabulous and very technical. The Sofia Company were amazing and the costumes they wore were all very beautiful so I enjoyed my night out very much. Must get to bed now as I have another busy week a head of me.
Toodle Pip and Bye for Now!

1 comment:

  1. Don't get caught by the Spaniards saying so...Don Quixote is one of their heros and Miguel De Cervantes Saavedra (his author) a larger than life figure.
    By 1570, Cervantes had enlisted as a soldier in a regiment of the Spanish Navy Marines, Infantería de Marina, stationed in Naples, then a possession of the Spanish crown. He was there for about a year before he saw active service. In September 1571 Cervantes sailed on board the Marquesa, part of the galley fleet of the Holy League (a coalition of the Pope, Spain, the Republic of Venice, the Republic of Genoa, the Duchy of Savoy, the Knights Hospitaller based in Malta, and others, under the command of King Philip II's illegitimate half brother, John of Austria) that defeated the Ottoman fleet on October 7 in the Battle of Lepanto, in the Gulf of Patras. Though taken down with fever, Cervantes refused to stay below, and begged to be allowed to take part in the battle, saying that he would rather die for his God and his king than keep under cover. He fought bravely on board a vessel, and received three gunshot wounds – two in the chest, and one which rendered his left arm useless. In Journey to Parnassus he was to say that he "had lost the movement of the left hand for the glory of the right" (he was thinking of the success of the first part of Don Quixote). Cervantes always looked back on his conduct in the battle with pride: he believed that he had taken part in an event that would shape the course of European history. To be honest...his literary work is remarkable, and considered the classic of classics of Spanish literature.

    ReplyDelete