HTML/Javascript

Content

Email: fionaharrison1@btinternet.com

Telephone: 01525 370453
Mobile:       07855 014764

Or click here
to book Fiona
online

Content

Follow Fiona:

Share with your
friends

Bookmark and Share

Friday 4 May 2012

They Don't Like it Up Em!

Today I've been getting everything ready in prep for my first weekend away. So this morning I had a rehursal with lovely Kim my sound engineer for the weekend. It was the first time I was able to set up my big kit and sure enough a problem -I couldn't get my big speakers working. I had set it all up the night before but couldn't work out what was wrong. I knew I had wired it up right but checked it over again -speaker leads - volume - yes power amp on. Yes yes check check. In the end I phoned Steve from Kachagogoo and asked him to check it over because I needed him to have a look at it in situe. Can you belive it Yes everything was wired up right (gold star) but I hadn't pushed the speaker leads in the power amp and twised them in enough. I knew it was something very simple but I'm too gentle and quite frankly when it comes to speaker leads you really have to give them a good shuve and twist particuly with those ends!
There are times when I really wish I was a man as they are naturally heavy handed and I'm far too careful. Brute Fource and Ignarence comes to mind!
Rehursal went very well and a big thank-you to Joe for my Evette the Spivette case and for getting that extra milatary polish on my buttons and shoes! I've just had my case branded up for the Evette the Spivette show and I launch her on the 19th and 20th May at Kent and East Sussex Railway. I shall also be at Bassingbourn 12th and 13th May.
I go away tomorrow so this will be my last blog before the weekend but I will be back blogging Monday all being well before hitting the recording studio. The van is being valeted as I type and all my costumes are packed up ready. I'm just off to have my nails done now. Toodle Pip and I shall let you know how thing went Monday. keep Watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment