HTML/Javascript

Content

Email: fionaharrison1@btinternet.com

Telephone: 01525 370453
Mobile:       07855 014764

Or click here
to book Fiona
online

Content

Follow Fiona:

Share with your
friends

Bookmark and Share

Monday 14 April 2014

Shooting at the Midland, Vintage Vehicles and off to Wythenshawe Hall!

Between Sets on Sunday!
Hello every-one and what a fantastic weekend it's been not only weather wise but busy wise too. Once again I've been on my travels. This Saturday I was up at The Midland Railway doing a photo shoot with photographer Amy Elsibeth Phillips for her photographic project "Keep Variety Alive". Amy wanted to photograph me as her 1940s Vera Lynn so I had the idea of using a 1947 bus as a backdrop. I drove up from Bedfordshire and Amy came down from Lancashire and we met half way at Swanwick Juction Station in Derby. I'm so lucky in my line of work I get to go to so many interesting places and I'm always meeting people with fantastic collections. I first became a where of this wonderful 1947 bus when I played at The Midland Railway last year for their 1960s weekend and I knew I would like to use her for a shoot at some stage. So a big thank-you to Swanwick Station, John Peck and his son for making this possible. We all had a super time and I know Amy was pleased with her photos
All Aboard at Swanwick Station!
In fact Amy has already posted up a few from Saturday's photo shoot onto my Face book page so do take a look http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fiona-Harrison-A-Voice-in-a-Million/143965822288531 As with any shoot I always like to bring a few different costumes with me and on this occasion I brought my Evette the Spivette outfit. We also did a few on the Station platform and as luck would have it the train was just pulling in. So weren't we
Behind the scenes on Amy's photo shoot!
jammy!
Sunday was another busy day as I was booked to sing for a private party in one of the local villages. What was lovely was most of the guests came in a vintage car and the host had his own private collection of vintage Austins out on display, many dating back to the 1920s. The weather was just fabulous and I was booked to do 2 x 45 min sets. In the end I did 3 x 60 min sets and I was asked to stay longer so I finished my final show with some good old fashioned Rock and Roll. It was great to see every-one up dancing and having such a good time. Mind you I confess by the time I got home I was ready for bed!
Today I have been out performing my Easter Bonnet show and I've Easter shows to do all this week so busy busy! Don't forget this Sunday I will be up at Wythenshawe Hall, Northenden, Manchester, M23 OAB for the Hall's Victorian Easter. I've been booked to do 2 x 45 min Victorian Music Hall shows daily so I hope you can all make it along. I will be setting up on Saturday Night and I'm told the Hall can be a bit spooky as it's over 600 years old. So I hope I don't bump into any ghosts. Do check out their web-site. www.wythenshawehall.com
Well that's about all my news for now. Thank-you for following and Toodle Pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment