HTML/Javascript

Content

Email: fionaharrison1@btinternet.com

Telephone: 01525 370453
Mobile:       07855 014764

Or click here
to book Fiona
online

Content

Follow Fiona:

Share with your
friends

Bookmark and Share

Monday 17 March 2014

From Angel Radio to Weymouth and Southsea!

Me at Angel Radio!
Hello every-one it's been a busy week what with one thing and another. On Thursday I was in Potterspury doing an American photo shoot with John Winchcomb and Bill Jordan and I'm just back from having a few days away on the South Coast. On Friday I was invited down to Angel Radio in Havant and yes it is Angel and not Angle as I've been putting in my posts - but then I am dyslexic and it's two words I've always muddled up so please forgive me! I was invited onto Tony Smith's show and recorded an interview which will be going out in a couple of weeks time. As soon as I get the date through I will let you know and keep you posted!
Behind the Scenes - shooting with John and Bill!
The wonderful thing about Angel radio is it caters for people who love older style music and is specifically designed for people over 60. I find it great for insperation and while I was listening to it the other day I came across a few peices I would really like to sing my-self. You can listen to it on the internet so check out their web-site at www.angelradio.co.uk or you can tune in on 101.1 FM.
While I was down on the South Coast I made the most of my few days away and went along to Weymouth.
Me in Weymouth!
Me Shopping for Vintage in The One Legged Jockey!
The last time I was in Weymouth must have been back in the late 90s when I was working the holiday circit and singing at The Rivera Hotel for Pontins. Sometimes I forget just how many places I have played at in my carear and it was lovely to see the hotel again particuly as it's been refurbished! While I was down that way I went along to Porthaven and saw the famous light house and stopped off in Abbotsbury. Abbotsbury is a prity little village and looks like the setting for a Thomas Hardy costume drama. If you would like to see a few more of my photos do click onto my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fiona-Harrison-a-Voice-in-a-Million/143965822288531
Of course no trip away would be compleate with-out a visit to a vintage fashion shop and one of my favourite haunts is the "One Legged Jocky" in Southsea, Portsmouth! They also have another shop in Chichester and I always like to visit when I'm in the area.
Now I'm back home I have lots of e-mails to catch up on and things are really starting to come together for France. It looks like I may well be in Arromanches for the 6th June after all and in Ste Marie du Mont on the 7th. I hope to get my show times through this week so keep watching. In the mean time this April I will be performing at The 40s Family Experience Weekend on the 5th 6th check out their web-site at www.fortiesexperience.co.uk so it will be lovely to see you there. I will also be up singing at Wythenshawe Hall on the 20th April for a Victorian Weekend www.wythenshawehall.com so something eles to look forward to.
Time for bed I think - thanks for following and Toodle Pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment