HTML/Javascript

Content

Email: fionaharrison1@btinternet.com

Telephone: 01525 370453
Mobile:       07855 014764

Or click here
to book Fiona
online

Content

Follow Fiona:

Share with your
friends

Bookmark and Share

Monday 18 November 2013

Black Tie Balls, Yeovil and Lyme Regis!

Me out-side the Marine Theatre in Lyme Regis!
This weekend has been a real mix bag of shows from ATS We'll Meet Again shows to smart vintage glamour ones. For those of you who follow my blog will know I was booked to sing for the Ride High Black Tie Ball in Milton Keynes on Friday for the VIPs drinks reception. I was also a prize in the charity auction so it will be interesting to see who bought my show. My feet haven't touched the ground so I expect I will be receiving a call very soon to arrange the particulars.
Saturday I was booked to play in Yeovil for a 1940s night at The Westland Leisure Complex. It's a fantastic venue with a large ballroom and the organisers put on a wonderful meal with the show.
The Marine Theatre!
It was my first time in Yeovil but I hope it wont be my last. The audience loved my show and I sold lots of CDs too so here's hopping!
I've been making a point to try and relax abit more when I'm on the road and to see something of the local sights. On the way down I even caught a glimpse of Stonehenge! I've had a very busy year so I've been treating myself to a few extended stays away. This Sunday I decided to visit the town of Lyme Regis. Back in the early 00s I played the Marine Theatre with my "We'll Meet Again" and "From Cobbles to Rock" show so it was lovely to see the theatre again after all this time. I even went and had lunch at The Pilot Boat which is just across the road from the theatre. I can remember eating there before the shows last time so lots of happy memories!
Me stuck in Traffic on the A303!
To-day I was on the road again making my way home only to get stuck in terrible traffic on the A303. But all was not lost I managed to turn off and ended up in the village of Mere. As it was lunch time I decided to stop at an old English pub called The George and enjoyed a great pub lunch. It was the best thing I could have done as the traffic had cleared by the time I hit the road. Every cloud has a silver lining and had there not been a traffic jam I would never have discovered the village of Mere and The George. Fate can be a wonderful thing!
The only down side is I need to get back in the gym tomorrow. All this staying away is starting to
The George Inn at Mere!
play havic with my waist line which wont do at all!
We'll that's about all my news for now!
On Thursday I will be singing for the Royal British Legion in Quainton so I'm looking forward to that before going all Christmasy on the 1st.
We'll must dash as I'm dying to get to bed. Keep Watching and thank-you for following Toodle Pip and Bye for Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment