HTML/Javascript

Content

Email: fionaharrison1@btinternet.com

Telephone: 01525 370453
Mobile:       07855 014764

Or click here
to book Fiona
online

Content

Follow Fiona:

Share with your
friends

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Mr Selfridge and Dancing on the Edge!

I've been working so hard of late that I thought it was about time I caught up with a bit of TV and 2 of my favourite programs "Mr Selfridge" and The new BBC drama "Dancing on the Edge" set in the 1930s. I can't resist a period drama and the Edwardian glamour of Mr Selfridge is just devine.
Back in the 90s I was cast in the role of Gigi and I remember when the costumes arrived it didn't matter what size the ladies were they all looked really elegant and beautiful in their Edwardian dresses. There is something about the fashons of 1900 which I just adore and I have one or two costumes from that period in my collection which I often wear on stage. I'm also a big fan of the 1930s too and I must buy the CD from "Dancing on the Edge". What a fantastic production and once again the costuming is spot on. As we follow the carear of the Jazz band I see so many simularaties with my-self. I too know what it is like to be playing a garden party with every-one indoors while you are singing away to the flowers and worms. I've also done my fair share of funerals and RAF mess dinners and although I've never sung for the Prince of Wales I did bump into his dad once when I was singing in Jersey - he even has two of my CDs! Funny old world isn't! That's show biz for you but at least I've never had to sing for a childrens party well not yet but who knows what horrors might be waiting for me around the corner!
Tomorrow I'm doing my Swinging 50s and 60s show so full skirts and poker dots. Dates are selling well for this year and I think I've caught up with all my contracts but then I have been working very hard to clear my desk.
Talking of Jersey I'm all booked to play there for Liberation on the 8th and 9th May so I'm really looking forward to visiting the island again. The last time I was there was back in 2005.
Well lots to do and thanks for following. Keep Watching Toodle Pip and buy for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment