HTML/Javascript

Content

Email: fionaharrison1@btinternet.com

Telephone: 01525 370453
Mobile:       07855 014764

Or click here
to book Fiona
online

Content

Follow Fiona:

Share with your
friends

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Dolce and Gabbana

 Did anyone see the peice on Dolce and Gabbana's latist catwalk show in the Telegraph magagazine at the weekend? Their collection was inpired by Sicilian Baroque and 17th century Sicilian architecture. Now you might be wondering what this might have to do with 40s fashion? For those of you who read my peice on 40s fashion in The Best of British magazine you will know I've been talking about the use of flowers for this season - and sure enough flowers are everywhere. Dolce and Gabbana have also mixed flowers with black lace and I have to say I feel rather inspired so maybe it's time to get out my black corset again and have a bit of a play around. I haven't warn it in ages but that's what I love about fashion it's such fun and with a few tweeks you can make something look fresh and new again. I also noticed a real victorian vibe going on too so I shall start wearing my lace up and button boots this autumn winter for every day.
When it comes to being true to the 40s ladies don't forget to wear your corsages and flowers in your hair this season and genltelman don't forget your button holes. With my run of Easter Bonnet shows I have been working with yellow roses and when the weather gets warmer I shall be wearing my Austrian Durndle which is red white and blue - covered with embrodered flowers and although not Sicilian it ticks all the right boxes for now and the 40s. Keep Watching and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment