HTML/Javascript

Content

Email: fionaharrison1@btinternet.com

Telephone: 01525 370453
Mobile:       07855 014764

Or click here
to book Fiona
online

Content

Follow Fiona:

Share with your
friends

Bookmark and Share

Sunday 2 June 2013

D-Day Arromanches and the 6th June

I just wanted to post up a quick blog to thank-you all for your many e-mails and facebook messages asking me about my show times for the 6th June in Arromanches. I'm sorry to say I've not been booked to perform in Arromanches this year. If you have been following my facebook Twitter and blog pages you will know I was in Normandy two weeks ago singing at Utah Beach Museum and this year I will be performing for a D-Day river cruse on the Themes for the 6th. So I'm so sorry I wont be with you all in France for D-Day. I'm hoping very much to be back out in France for the 70th and if I can pull it off do something of a mini Normandy tour for 2014 but we will just have to see. I've already approached quite a few different organisations and the first one to my door with a sensible offer gets me for D-Day. I'm  open to offers so if you are looking for an entertainer I would be delighted to hear from you. Don't forget I don't just do British but American too and I have shows and uniforms to suit both and all Normandy Beaches. Please do check out my web-site and click onto my 1940s page where you can view my show reel and Arromanches video by scrolling down to the bottom of the page. There you can see me on stage with veteran Len Cox last year in Arromanches so do take a look www.fionaharrison.biz
I'm also working on a new 1940s American WAC show and you will be able to see photos of me in my uniform later this year so keep watching!
In the mean time if you would like to see me back singing in Arromanches for the 70th do e-mail and facebook the Arromanches Tourist Office and do tell them how disappointed you are not to see me this year. You never know if enough people write and call in I may be back with you all in Arromanches for 2014 - we shall see what fate has in store! www.arromanches.com
The person who decides is a gentleman called Colonel Gerrard Legout. He is the chap waving in the background of my picture. So if you see this man  do have a word and you never know!
Just to keep you all up to date and a little closer to home this weekend you can see me at Great Central Railway performing for the American end at Greenacers in Leicestershire on the 8th and 9th June. GCR have really pulled out all the stops this year and they have a great line up of artists + a fly over on the Sunday at noon. I shall be performing 3 x 45 American shows daily at 11am 1pm and 3pm so I hope you can make it along as it would be lovely to see you.
A big thank-you to Barbara who invited me to perform last night at Thorney Park Golf Club it was wonderful to sing for you all and do thank Michael for the photos.
Keep Watching and Toodle Pip for Now!

Fiona Harrison is a 1940s Singer and 1940s Entertainer. For more information about Fiona and how to book please visit her website www.fionaharrison.biz

No comments:

Post a Comment